Practitioners of circle magic work with and through circles and circular
movements. The circle is the ideal form and circles have unusual mystical
Magic circles can be created from any substance from dust to gold.
Practitioners of circle magic gain power in the following levels of
- Identification of circles as having / not having magical natures.
- This does not impart knowledge of what the nature of the magic is.
- Creation of fragile / weak circles
- Smoke rings, water ripples, clay rings, etc.
- Reading the nature of magic circles.
- This does impart knowledge of what the nature of the magic is.
- Redirection of existing circular movements.
- For example making a wheel reverse its direction.
- Creation / use of circles of corporal protection.
- To protect against simple physical attacks. i.e. swords and arrows.
Beings with high fire scores may be able to break these circles.
- Creation of stronger circles
- Circles of fire, etc.
- Creation / use of circles of corporal summoning.
- To summon animals and/or entities that normally occur in this sphere.
- Creation of powerful circles
- Tornadoes, waterspouts, etc.
- Creation / use of circles of instant transport
- Within the sphere only.
When the circle is created the creator may specify
the requirements for use of the circle.
i.e. Only when the creator is present. Only one person per use. etc.
- Creation / use of circles of spiritual protection.
- To protect against attacks from spiritual beings.
Beings with high water scores may be able to break these circles.
- Creation / use of circles of imprisonment.
- To hold and keep animals, people, entities within.
Beings with very high fire or water scores may be able to
break these circles.
- Creation / use of circles of spiritual summoning.
- Summoning the spirits of the dead, powerful demons, etc.
- Destruction of magic circles of all types.
- Creation of immensely powerful circles
- Hurricanes, volcanoes etc.
- Creation / use of time circles.
- A time circle can force the persons
within the effect to relive the same set of events repeatedly until
a certain result is obtained. The "goal" of the time circle is determined
by the creator of the time circle. For example, the subjects of the
time circle may have to learn to give up hatred for each other.
The subjects of the time circle will, sooner or later, understand that they
are repeating the same day over and over again.
(Think of "Groundhog Day" or several episodes of Star Trek.)
- Control over the Karmic Circle of life and death
- At this level the practitioner of circle magic can resurrect
beings who are dead.
- Redirection of souls in the Karmic Circle.
Created for Everway by Craig Russell [email@example.com]
comments are welcome.