Posted slides for my ChicagoRuby talk tomorrow
Archive for the ‘Site Update’ Category.
A belated holiday present: I’m releasing all my old software – probably written somewhere between 1985 and 1994 – into the public domain. I’ve dredged up most of the source code, but no promises – I don’t have any of the compilers these were written on (and if even if I’ve got install disks packed away somewhere, I don’t have the operating systems in working order)
There are even a few things I hadn’t previously released before.
The CGD pages have moved to http://computergenerateddreams.com. (It actually went live last week.) Addresses at JustinLove.name/cgd will return their old content for a while, but eventually, I will look into URL redirection.
- Sexy new jQuery.UI dialogs
- Function formatting
- Edit-in-place for simple values
- HTML escape
Disk Clock 0.11. Another martial arts seminar, so nothing revolutionary. Mostly it was smoothing out DST handling, trying to align the moon a little, and more general code cleanup. However, I did add another doomsday disk: the 32 bit Unix epoch.
- More graceful DST handling
- Run from arbitrary time (hacker feature)
- Auto-show checkbox
- Moon aligned a little better (but I’m still not accounting for variance)
- Unix time 32-bit rollover disk
- More stable widget window size.
- Numerous internal tweaks and commenting
Disk Clock 0.10. A few morning meetings, and a fair bit of idle distraction in the browser portability tar pit. Added a primitive zodiac disk (Lifetime set; you’ll need to set your birthday to see it), added a recency inhibit to auto-show, tweaked colors, and did a bunch of code commenting and cleanup.
- HTML file has a title; it’s called index.html now.
- Auto show doesn’t if it’s triggered in the last hour.
- Fixed some bugs running in firefox
- Hacker configurable bed time
- Color tweaks
- Zodiac disk in the Lifetime set
- Substantial progress on the code commenting front
Disk Clock – v0.9. I Finally updated the rather old default graphic and icon. A new logo disk opens up and then shrinks down after a short delay, which should solve the choppy animation problem when re-adding to Dashboard. Most of the rest of the changes were internal work again.
- Widget renamed from DisClock to Disk Clock
- Default mode changed from add to replace, which works better with auto-show
- Various improvements to support libraries
Disk Clock – v0.8. Another fairly restrained release due to a martial arts seminar. A few small changes with big visual impact, and some big changes with no visual impact ;^)
- Startup delay is hacker configurable.
- Reinvented default clock setup.
- Reversed default color gradient.
- Experimental feature: auto show.
- Internal debug refactoring.
Some RubyGem RDocs and presentation pdfs have been hiding on my site for a few months, and I finally got around to making index pages for them. I need to get a new content management system that makes that less painful.
Since I’ve been more active in the tech community, I’ve also started experimenting with Twitter